Brian and Cecilia
Welcome to our wedding blog
Saturday, June 10, 2006
Tips for Coroico
- Bring a hat
- Bug Repellent
- The weather will be around 70 degrees Fahrenheit, but it can drop lower if we get hit with a rain storm,
- Sun glasses
- Good walking shoes
- If you find yourself confronted with stray dogs, just stay calm. Crouch down to grab a rock. If you find a rock, throw it at the dogs. If you don't find one, pretend you did!! Don't every grab a stick - this attracts the dogs.
Bike Trip to Coroico
For the adventurous spirits, there will be a bike ride to coroico leaving on Thursday, August 10th at 7:30 am. Please send me an email to email@example.com if you want to be on the ride. The ride will cost $50.00 per person and will be with Gravity Bolivia. You need to be a competent rider to do this. It is 70Km downhill to Coroico on "The World's Most Dangerous Road."
La Paz Hotels
5 star hotels (well almost :) )
- Ritz Hotel Plaza Isabela Catolica - mention that you are here for the wedding for a special discount. To get the special Rates below, please say that you are making a reservations for Colosa Inc:
- Junior Suite - $69.00 (1-2 people)
- Senior Suite - $79.00 (1-2 people)
- Master Suite - $98.00 (2-4 people)
Dress for the Wedding
The Dress for the Wedding is Country Formal. We recommend that women bring an extra pair of running shoes because there will be a short 200 meter walk immediately after the wedding down a dusty and rocky road.
Official Wedding Events
- Friday Night - Grill out and live music at Hotel Gloria (down by the football field) - 17:30 (come for the sunset!) until 23:30.
- Saturday Morning - 9:00 am - Osho Meditation lead by Raul Saucedo - wow! if you have never heard of Osho, you need to check this out. This is one of the coolest meditation/dances you will ever see. This meditation will be held in the meditation center in the Mira Cabin at Sol y Luna. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Saturday Morning 10:30 - no trip to South America would be complete without a match on the football pitch! This one is particularly scenic
- Saturday Wedding -16:30 SHARP - Pine Forest @ Sol y Luna
- Saturday Wedding Party - 18:00 hrs - Hotel Viejo Molino - jam to Alfonsito's Cuban Quartet and to the late night rhythms of Amanda's Dreamscape with RicoChango, Pituko, and Trans and special guest DJ Chemical Brother from London.
- Sunday Morning Brunch - 10:00 am to 12:00 noon - Backstube - join us with Detlev
- Sunday Return Busses - 14:00 hrs leave for La Paz
- Rio Vagantes - Beautiful River about 1.15 hour walking or 35 minutes by jeep from Coroico. Great place to jump in river holes.
- Uchumachi Mountain - Nice 2 1/2 hour walk to the top. Make sure you go in a group of at least 3 people - there have been some issues in recent years
- Horseback riding - El Relincho a Caballo - Call 719-23814, or 719-13675 - Horses are located across the street from Hotel Esmeralda.
- Tocana - This is a town about 40 minutes from corioco which is definitely worth a visit. This is an African village in the middle of the Andes! - Very bizarre place.
- Vagantes Eco Aventuras - this guy can help arrange some tours - call him - 719-12981
- Take the New Road - Much Safer. We will organize Vans leaving from the Plaza Isabela la Catolica on Thursday at 10:00 am, Friday at 3:00 pm. We will also organize Vans going back on the New Road on Sunday at 2 pm leaving from the Main Square.
- Other Options - Minibus Totai - 221-6592, Palmeras - 221-9442, Flota Yunguena - 221-3513.
Monday, May 01, 2006
- Backstube Backery - Best breakfast in town. And, we will be treating you to a nice brunch here on Sunday morning (if you can get yourself up and down to town). Our pal, Detlev, is the owner, so ask him for anything you need. Beautiful place to relax, read the paper (if you can actually find a newspaper in Coroico).
- El Cafetal - Best Food in town. French/Indu Cuisine, probably better than anything you will find anywhere else in Bolivia. Service can sometimes be slow. To get here , head towards the hospital.
- Villa Bonita - Best Ice Cream and Deserts in town. Also, combo - India/Italia/Thailand/Suisse food. Owners - Ninfa and Gianni Pedetti. Cel - 719-22917
- La Casa - Fondu, Gulash, German food. - Tel: 213-6024
- Sol y Luna. This is our favorite, and this is also where the wedding ceremony will be held. We´ve rented the entire hotel for three nights (Thursday, Friday, Saturday) so to stay here you will have to talk to us! We´ve got lots of demand already for the cabanas here, so get in touch with us, as soon as your plans are confirmed so we can try and get you into suitable accomodations. Have a look at the hotel here. (Note: prices are different for the wedding weekend because we are renting the entire hotel but not using all of the rooms). Check out Seigrid and her unbelievable garden.
- Hotel Viejo Molino - This is the site of the wedding party. We will be rocking all night long here on Saturday Night. This hotel is 800 mts from the Main Square of Coroico. Telf: 591-2-220-1519 or 591-2-220-1470, email@example.com
- Hotel Bella Vista - Cute little hotel about 300 meters from Hotel Viejo Molino. This might be a good choice if you don't want to sleep with the noise of the all-night party on Saturday and you plan on getting too plastered to walk more than 300 meters to anther hotel. Total capacity - 30 people, 3 rooms with king beds, 1 Triple, 4 doubles. Rosario Cortes de Corrales is the Manager. Email for reservations - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hotel Esmeralda - This is a beautiful hotel located in between Sol y Luna and the town of Coroico. Nice Sauna and probably the best pool in Coroico. The owners are Fernando and Martha.
- Hotel Gloria - this is the slightly institutional looking hotel at the point below the town of Coroico. Friday night's party will be held here. Pedro Caceres is the owner.
Where to start? Try this informational site to start getting prepared for our Coroico Wedding.